Can there be anything more beautiful than a perfectly done gel manicure? Unfortunately, no. Gel polish is always beautiful and long-lasting. However, it can be tough on your nails. Let us learn how and see the ways to overcome these issues to get healthy gel nails.
Before we look at the remedial measures and the precautions to take, shall we understand the health risks of gel nail colors?
Health concerns of gel nails
- Gel manicures can make your nails brittle, resulting in frequent breakage, peeling, and cracking.
- Gel nail colors can cause premature skin aging on your hands.
- Continuous use of UV lamps increases the risks of skin cancer and other serious health issues like allergies.
- Using acetone in the gel nail color removal process results in the nails and surrounding skin dehydration.
- Cheap quality gel nail polish can result in allergies, skin problems, and nail infections.
How do we counter these health issues?
While these health issues are real, you will be happy to learn that you have remedies for each of these issues. You can exercise proper care and overcome these issues to have healthy gel nails that look refreshingly beautiful.Continue reading